Sorry for the radio silence last week, work was a little crazy and I just couldn’t find the time to get posts up. Forgive me? Hopefully this week will be a little bit less stressful on the actual job front.
While I was MIA, July turned to August and we’re already into the thick of it. I read yesterday that this month will have five Fridays and five Saturdays, something that only happens every 833 years, so it’s apparently lucky, so buy some lotto tickets.
Has anyone else felt like these summer months are seriously flying by? I don’t know how I feel about it honestly, because on one hand, I’m always ready for fall, but on the other hand that means winter will be here sooner than I’d prefer. But it also means that another month has come and gone, and July was a fun one. So instead of goals, I think I want to start doing a Looking Back series on the first of the month. So, without further ado, here’s a quick look back at July.
1. Played a lot of pinball. Family came in from Canada for my cousins graduation and got to spend some time with this little guy who I haven’t gotten much facetime with since he was only born 4 years ago.
2. Drove up to Michigan to visit Max’s grandpa and get in some quality beach time. Max also wanted to test out his new driver off the bluff and was not impressed when that boat was sitting right in his frame.
3. We finally got to christen the new grill I got Max for his birthday. Since then we’ve just been grilling chicken and burgers, but I really want to start branching out and trying grilling pizzas or something crazy! I know, pizza’s on the grill, really livin’ on the edge!
4. Happy hour with co-workers at my favorite patio in the city, Zed451. Their seasonal drink menu is always changing and they’re all so delicious. Plus the rooftop patio is such a chill vibe, it’s awesome after a long weekday to decide to have a random happy hour, and now we just discovered a van will come pick us up from the office, helllllllo!
5. The Bellcourt wedding without a doubt was one of the highlights of the month. Rachel looking stunning, the venue was beautiful and the company was the best. Got to see so many faces from high school that made me smile. Plus, open bar for the win!
6. Just another snapshot of how my family likes to party. I promised you proof of the tequila situation and here it is. I think we went through two bottle of Patron the first night and then another two the night of the actual grad party, I wasn’t drinking as much that night as you might have guessed. I also learned a bottle of Patron in Canada is almost double what it is here. Um, woof.
7. Got to hang out with this lil babe. Can’t believe Henry’s already 6 weeks old, babies grow fast huh?
8. Spent the majority of the 4th of July at a friend’s rooftop with a good crew and then pulled a repeat of last year and dipped out and ordered Lou Malnati’s. Only this year I passed out before the fireworks and didn’t wake up until after they were long gone. And Max was apparently too sucked in to whatever show he was watching to think to wake me up. Oh well, at least we got the pizza!
9. Played tourist for the day with the family and got burgers from Rockit then visited the bean, took a water taxi down to Chinatown and back and paparazzi’d the city. It was the most beautiful day for it too!
I can’t wait for August’s recap because there’s already so much on the calendar. What were your favorite July moments? Are you looking forward to anything in particular in the new month?