Thanks for stopping by, I’m Lauren and this is my design and lifestyle blog. While design is my passion and my career, there are too many other things that I’m interested in that I thought starting a blog would help me share with you. As you can see by my abundant category menu, it was hard for me to narrow it down to talk to you about just a few things, so just expect a smattering of it all.
I’m a long time Chicago resident (since starting college in the city back in ’07) but I’m still always finding new haunts and old gems. It’s hard to believe I’ve been living here for 8 years already, and there’s always something new to do, whether it’s a fest or a block party, or a restaurant or patio, a race or an event, there’s always something to do in this city and I want to share it all with you.
I’m a big believer in sarcasm and a sense of humor. I understand that not everyone is, but as my dad and boyfriend both like to say, that seems like a personal problem to me. I don’t sugar coat things either I’m pretty sure I was born without the filter that most other people seem to possess. And I’ve no doubt made some enemies along the way because of this, but the ones that stick around are the only ones that matter anyway. Just tellin it like I see it, people!
I also feel like you can’t take yourself too seriously. It’s so hard to have fun when everything is important, so I’m a big believer in just doin my thang (thanks miley) and letting your freak flag fly. Be yourself, be weird, I promise life becomes a lot more enjoyable!
Any feedback would be more than appreciated, let me know here!
- I’ve never eaten a Dorito, I also never plan to.
- I’ve known my boyfriend Max since freshman year of high school, so 12 years. We were best friends back then. Now we’re still best friends except now we like to make out and stuff.
- I love love, love, live music. My first concert ever was Blink 182 and an old man was vomiting next to me. I haven’t looked back since!
- I’m a hockey freak. I’ve been a Blackhawks fan for literally as long as I can remember. Having half my blood be Candian blood and a brother that played AAA hockey growing up, it was something that I couldn’t get away from and luckily something that I loved.
- I’m really loud. Like, realllly loud. I was voted “Loudest” by my senior class in high school. There were almost 800 of us if that helps put it in perspective.
- I feel the need to document everything, I’m always taking pictures whether it’s on my iPhone or with my Sony NEX-3N, you’ll always find me snappin’.